Paddy crab paste vermicelli soup (Bun Rieu Cua) is one of well known and cheap Vietnamese Noodle Recipes. This dish is a dish have full of water that the broth is charming, and sweet. The sweetness of paddy crab paste vermicelli is from pork broth, chicken bones, water, chicken broth in cans but have dried shrimp cooked with shrimp sauce, so if you are not familiar smell of fish sauce afraid to be afraid.
This dish usually serve with boiled spinach. In afternoon, on the kitchen, cook one of stunning Vietnamese Noodle Recipes will create the warm atmosphere for your family.
Ingredients (serving 4 people)
- 1 package dried shrimp
- ½ lb ground pork
- ½ lb peeled shrimp
- 3 cans of chicken broth
- 1 can of 14 spices cooked crab vermicelli
- 4 large tomatoes, washed and cut in 4 pieces of each tomato
- 6 eggs
- 3 tubers leeks cut thinly
- 1 teaspoon tamarind powder
- 1 package of vermicelli (the type used to eating bun bo hue)
- 1 bunch of ong choy
- 1 bunch fresh marjoram
- Oil, fish sauce, pepper, shrimp paste, lemon juice, chili
(Can buy fried tofu, pork blood boiling, if you want).
Step 1(I suggest for making one of Vietnamese Noodle recipes like this dish, you must follow carefully this step)
– Make paddy crab: Add fresh shrimp peeled in a blender with 6 eggs + 1 can of spices cooked crab vermicelli + ½ cup water + 1 tablespoon fish sauce ¼ teaspoon pepper, then grind very fine – add pork or chicken into the final, stir them together.
Step 2- Make the broth: Add dried shrimp washed into the pot, cooked fresh water, then add the broth cooked with pork bones or chicken bones to the pot (if you do not have to use 3 cans chicken broth) + 1 tablespoon sauce shrimp 1 tablespoon fish sauce + 1 teaspoon tamarind powder, some salt, and sugar - all boil on the stove. (The amount of water in pot about 16 cups).
- Add half of the tomatoes on the pot (if you want to eat fried tofu, pork blood, sliced them in this time). Taste again
- Turn to low heat and gently scoop each spoon shrimp, ground meat into the pot.
- Wait for the shrimp and meat floats on the pot like paddy crab, add a little boiling water lightly on the surface, and be careful not to break paddy crab.
- Add 1 tablespoon cooking oil, wait to hot oil, sliced leeks and fried for fragrance – add a half remaining tomatoes to fry with little sauce to be beautiful red.
- Put all the fried tomatoes to the pot to complete, turn off the stove. Remember don’t close the lid because brick cap will sink paddy crab in the end of the pot.
- Thread noodles before boiling, should be soaked before 1 hour, then take out on the basket to drain and pour into a pot of boiling water with some of salt + 1 teaspoon oil 1 teaspoon vinegar, pour out and wash with warm water and drain.
Step 3- Slice Ong Choy around nearly 2 inches - Put large pot of water with a pinch of salt, wait for the water is boiling, add Ong Choy slowly – take out as soon as and embed it directly into the cold water next to the kitchen -take out when drain and chopped Ong Choy into a bowl.
Ladle Paddy crab paste vermicelli soup into bowl, add a little pepper, lemon, chili, fish sauce, sauce shrimp, vegetables, marjoram is enough, and pick up little boiled Ong Choy into bowl is also delicious. This one of amazingVietnamese Noodle Recipesis quickly full but quickly hungry. Have a good appetite.